Friday, April 27, 2007

What's conservatism without Boy Scouts?


My neighbors at lunch were Will and Dewey, twin brothers and Scouts who were invited to lead the Pledge of Allegiance at the opening session. In the course of the conversation Dewey allowed as how his patrol became bored with the traditional names and mascots, and under the influence of way too much caffeine one evening, hit on the "Rabid Chicken" as their mascot. The badge company must have been bored as well, since they created the image for them.

Seems like I was in "Wolf Patrol" when I was a Scout.

A further times-are-changing moment when I asked if their weekend canoe trip was in state. "I hope so," he said. "My Ipod isn't charged up."


Uh oh. The Scout motto is "Be prepared!" Hopefully that's survived the digital revolution.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home